Wednesday 27 August 2014

Paint

I finally took the strings off again along with all the hardware. I found some wood dye at Lee Valley as well as a small can of Sanding Sealer. I've applied both.


This is the general idea of how the dye reacts with the curly maple.  this will be sanded with 1000 grit paper and re dyed.  The sanding lightens the light stripes and re dying darkens the dark.


The dye came in power form.


And mixed into a real oily soup.


I rigged up this paint shop in the garage using plastic table clothes from the dollar store and some wire. The fret board is masked off with tape.


I borrowed this paint gun from my brother who does a little auto painting.  My 6 gallon compressor struggled to keep it going.  The sanding sealer went on very smooth. Thanks Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment